free html hit counter Peak Oil Debunked: 219. JIM JARRELL'S "ANOTHER DAY IN THE DESERT"

Saturday, January 21, 2006

219. JIM JARRELL'S "ANOTHER DAY IN THE DESERT"

As reported in #139, Jim Jarrell (a petroleum engineer from the Ross Smith Energy Group) has written a hard-nosed critique of Matt Simmons' persistent fearmongering about an imminent collapse in Saudi Arabian oil production. I know a lot of readers find this site by searching for Jarrell's report, but so far the report has only been available to paying customers of the Ross Smith Energy Group. By a stroke of luck, an abridged version of Jarrell's critique can be accessed on the web. It has some withering criticism of Simmons' gaffes and errors regarding reservoir engineering technology.

I don't know how long the report will stay up, but here it is. Follow the link below, and click on the link for "Sample Issue":

LINK
-- by JD

5 Comments:

At Sunday, January 22, 2006 at 9:41:00 PM PST, Blogger Avo said...

Thanks for this JD. Jarrell is pretty convincing.

By the way, why not grab the pdf file (I did) and host it directly? That way it can't go away.

Keep up the good work!

Avo

 
At Sunday, January 22, 2006 at 10:22:00 PM PST, Blogger JD said...

Hi Avo!
Thanks for dropping by.
JD

 
At Monday, January 23, 2006 at 8:45:00 PM PST, Blogger Avo said...

I drop by frequently, but don't often comment ...
I'm coming around more and more to your point of view on many issues.

But I was sorry to see you fall for the stuff in #210; I'm afraid that this is no better than the "zero point energy" notions popular on peakoil.com. I know it's hard to tell sometimes, but trust me on this one ...

Cheers,
Avo

 
At Monday, January 23, 2006 at 9:13:00 PM PST, Blogger JD said...

I will definitely take your word for it on #210, although everybody else yelling at me about it was probably more than enough. ;-)
JD

 
At Monday, January 23, 2006 at 9:25:00 PM PST, Blogger Roland said...

Those zero-point energy people are hilarious.

Check out this site.

I want one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home